This structure originates from 1903, having been of great importance to Funchal, due to the fact that its objective was the storing, supplying and commercializing of coal.
It was the first installation of this type in the island, having also a political dimension, as it contributed to the good relations that ensued between Madeira and both England and Germany. It has its own wharf, this being used by locals as an area for amateur fishing.
It is under the jurisdiction of the Municipality of Funchal.
- By jfsaoma
- Email: email@example.com